Transit Grant Funding
- Metcalf & SMP Corridor Transit Improvements project currently under design.
- Federal Transit Administration Livability Bus Grant – Facility Expansion Project: Installation of 2 additional bus bays in the maintenance shop area of the Murray L. Nolte Transit Center - $374,150. The BoCC approved acceptance of these funds at its August 19, 2010 meeting. The FTA approved the grant on April 14, 2011.
- Pending Grant Application submitted to the Mid America Regional Council
FY 2013-2014 Surface Transportation Program (STP)/Bridge funds - $2,400,000 to purchase up to seven (7) large Bus Rapid Transit-type transit vehicles needed for the Metcalf/Shawnee Mission Parkway transportation corridor. This is a competitive grant program for transit and bridge projects.
The MARC Surface Transportation Program Committee approved funding for this project in the amount of $1.6 Million. The application is pending submission to the Federal Transit Administration.
- Funding to support the Metcalf/Shawnee Mission Parkway Corridor and 75th Street Connector service.
Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) - Received: $2,281,109 for operations.
- State of Good Repair – FTA Section 5309 Discretionary Bus and Bus Facilities Competitive Grant Program - $5,400,000 for bus replacement. The Federal Transit Administration will be announcing recipients of this funding in the fall 2010. JCT did not receive these funds.
- Section 5309 Bus and Bus Facilities –
Local transit agencies will be able to compete for livability dollars from the pool of up to $175 million. The competitive grant program will begin accepting applications when announced in the Federal Register during the week of June 20. JCT plans to submit a grant to replace buses and and facility upgrades/improvements.
Actively Funded Grants
- Johnson County Transit has received American Recovery & Reinvestment Act ARRA funds.
- For information on Johnson County ARRA projects
- For information on Kansas City area TIGER grants, see MARC's Web site.
- "Tiger" Bus #217 paid for by ARRA TIGER grant.
- ARRA - facility repaving and canopy expansion.
- Images from TIGER signing with Mokhtee Ahmad, Regional Administrator for Region 7, Federal Transportation Administration. Image1, Image 2